5.17.2008

Sevilla, Mama Mia!!


   So the internet at our last hotel was 23 euros for a day, which is about forty bucks! So I didn't get on, but now I am on and ready to type! 

   Barcelona is a beautiful town, very bohemian and has lots of awesome sites to see.  The first night we met up with Amanda by the Placa de Catalunya metro stop and she walked us down the Ramblas to the harbor and the neuvo playa. She was meeting friends for dinner so my dad and I ate at this great place near the beach. We had Paella which is a famous dish in Spain. It basically consists of rice with tomato sauce, and we had prawns and muscles in it as well. It was freakin delicious!! I am going to be a very happy girl these next seven weeks. After dinner we headed back towards our hotel and went to bed early because we were still a little jet lagged.

   Friday we woke up, dad brought me some breakfast of brioche, hot chocolate and fresh squeezed orange juice.  Then, we were ready to explore Barcelona with Amanda as our tour guide. Our plan was to go to the Picasso Museum in the morning and then meet Amanda at noon so she could drop her bags off in our hotel room. (She stayed the night because her rock star house mother kicked her out- well sort of cuz she was done with her study abroad). 

So after I woke up and ate I tried to blow my hair straight but guess what, my blow dryer burned out!!! Apparently I need to get a european version because the lectricity  is different over here... what a pain. Oh well, a girl can never have too many hair supplies. So my dad asked me if I was ready to go to the museum and I then told him I wasn't going. He replied with, "Beth you are in Spain, who are you going to see?". I don't think he understands that we take pictures on trips... Anyway Buzz went to the museum and didn't end up even going in. The line was too long. So we met Amanda at around noon and we were off! First stop, the Sagrada Familia. This is a beautiful cathedral that Gaudi designed. It was... well very Gaudi. Next stop... the Parc Guell which was another Gaudi manifestation. This was a pretty sweet park! They filmed America's Next Top Model's finale in this little cave looking thing. It was awesome. We also met a nice couple from Denver who turned out to be LDS. They were really great people. 

   After the park we rode the metro back down to the Montjuic funicular which took us to this Spanish castle on the hill. Another beautiful view. By this time I was super tired but we pushed ourselves to see this gorgeous government building. After this building we headed back to the Gothic Quarter (the part of town where our hotel was located). Dad took a nap and Amanda showered and I finally got to shop!!! I was so excited. So I shopped for about two hours and found nothing! Why is it that in Europe people love the potato sac dresses. They are not flattering on many people and I was heartbroken I didn't find anything. I guess I have a few weeks to look right? Of course Zara was full of great things Casey, Elise and mom! Haha I love you guys. 

   This morning we hoped a plane to Sevilla which is a lot more southern than Barcelona and very beautiful. We are going to go flamenco dancing tonight and I can't wait!! Well this post is long enough so I will get back to you all on how my Sevilla adventures turn out! I love you. Keep it real in the 801 for me! Holla!

   P.S. Dad bought Shants... Man Capri's... whatever you call them... what a dork! I love him anyway.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Beth.....since I am not there, it is your responsibility to keep him under control....man Capri's? Next he'll buy a purse! Holy Euro-Dad!

Casey said...

Hahaha, man capris... that's way funny. I miss my B! I'm watching gossip girl right now, alone :(.