5.22.2008

madrid


   Madrid is where the heart is... or maybe that's home is where the heart is... either way we made it to Madrid! But let me start at where I left off...

   So Granada was an awesome place, my favorite town so far I think. It was some huge holiday called Corpus Christie while we were there so there were kids dresses up in flamenco outfits running around.. so cute!! We saw a lot of things... we went to the Cathedral in Granada and the Palace church and the Alhambra. Ok this place was freakin awesome! Just picture where Zorro would live and you got the right place! It was huge and had lots of details in the decorating. By the end of the day yesterday I was pretty tired from walking around so much. We did a little shopping and then went to eat dinner at this great place! I had the best steak I have ever had. It was awesome. 

   So this morning we woke up and had a three hour drive to Sevilla where we got on a train to Madrid. This train was awesome! We were one of the like four in first class and we got a cool meal and they gave us these little olive oils and vinegars. I was excited. So now we are in Madrid. I just took the best bath of my life... jet tub... bath salts... it was amazing. I needed a bath cause I was starting to smell like a european... Haha!

   Well it is sad that this part of the trip is coming to an end. I have loved getting to know my dad better. He is an awesome dude and I love him a lot! Anyway I better be going, I am starvin marvin!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Beth.....do not forget to shave! I have my limits, my Euro-daughter!

Love you!

Jamis said...

Beth,
I'm not sure if it was the seeing-Fulton-hook from post one that got me from the start, but I just finished reading all of your posts. It sounds like you're having a rockin' time. It makes me think about/miss traveling China. Have fun, continue the sweet blog, and keep those Spanish men under control over there. I'm sure they're flocking in droves to those humidified curls.