11.20.2008

homebound


Well here I am, sitting in the cuenca airport and I am on my way to quito! We will be staying in the Quito Osso house until tomorrow and then we will head to the amazon tomorrow morning!!! I am so excited!

These past few days have been hard because I am going to miss the kids. I really am going to miss seeing all their shining faces everyday of my life. They have such amazing spirits and so much potential, it makes me sad that they don't have families but I know the future volunteers will take good care of them. I will always miss cristofers kisses and carlos' "holas" and most of all I will miss spending time with margarita who has left already but I loved her with all of my heart. Those 20 kids taught me so much about myself and about what is important to life. I am excited to see them again someday. 

Anyway my time in ecuador has been amazing but I am ready to come home and see you all! I have missed the comfort of warm showers, sleeping in, being able to flush toilet paper, and most of all... eat cheddar cheese!!! Haha but that is all that is going on in my life. I need to board the plane soon. I hope all is well at home, I will be there in 5 days! 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Beth...... Have a fabulous time exploring the Amazon! 5 Days and counting!

Kelly said...

Beth............you're probably on the river right now! I hope the lodge is nice and comfy! Relax and enjoy....you deserve a break!

4 Days!

Casey said...

Beth! 3 days left!!! I can't believe you're going to the Amazon... you crazy girl, don't pet any animals!

Kelly said...

2 days!!!!! Hooray!

Unknown said...

Hey, you are a blogger! I still think it is cool that you do service abroad. =)