6.22.2008

Rafting in Spain

Hello! So I first just wanted to apologize for my lack of blogging, I have just been having so much fun that I don’t really have time to sit and blog, but I will try to post at least twice until I come home….

Well it is Saturday and I just got home from hanging out. Lizzy, Jonathan and I just went out to dinner and then the internet café. Nobody is really going out and about tonight because today we went riverratfting and the sun drained all of our energy! It is ok though because it was so much fun! So this morning we went to this cathedral that was awesome! It is on the top of this huge hill and it is gorgeous! I loved it, anyway then after we headed to the river. This place is awesome because we are so close to the beach and to mountains, it is like paradise! Anyway so we headed to the river and we were off. It was more of a river float instead of rafting because it was really mellow, but that is why it was nice. Four of us hooked our kyakes together and floated, chatted and tanned on the river. It was fabulous. Then at the end there was this bridge that we could jump off of which was pretty high. It was fun, I definitely was one of the first ones up there.

Anyway other than that this week has been pretty much the same. School, studying my little brains out, bars, dancing, ya know, the works. So great! We went up to Gijon to play that soccer game and got owned by the students up there. They are a different group though, a little more intense than my hippie classmates. We are all about peace and love and those Gijon people are pretty serious. Hahah that is really how I would describe the group I am with as a whole, just bunch of hippies. You should see what happens when we talk about politics…. Wow. Anyway we got owned but it is ok cause I got to see my guy friends! They are so funny. They all had the Spanish Mullet and the mustaches… so gross. But it was a fun afternoon.

Then the rest of the week was the same… I had a test Friday that I think I did well on, so to celebrate we all hit the beach for the afternoon. Oh how I love the rolling waves of Spain. Anyway tomorrow is going to be a busy day… church, then the flea market, then we are all going to a buffet decked out in our Spanish clothes to watch the Spanish vs. Italy eurocup game. Spain is going to take it all… you just wait and see! Haha Anyway I better be off to bed but I love you all!! I will be home in a week, how crazy. Ok goodnight!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

VIVA ESPANA! What a game!