10.22.2010

Dating

What an obnoxious word. It could mean so many things. I guess my definition for dating right now is "something I should be doing as much as possible". Some think of it as awkward, annoying, exciting, new, fun and I probably agree with all of those definitions. For the most part I love dating, I love getting to know boys and how they think. Lately I have boycotted dating a little bit. This may be because I am insanely busy, or because I am too lazy to shower, but I have decided to get out of my non dating funk and get out there. Before I do, I just wanted to give the men some pointers that I have been thinking about for a while.

1. Texting does not count as speaking to a girl. Don't text to set up a date, pick up the dang phone.

2. No texting me at 11:30pm to "watch a movie" is not a date. And girls aren't stupid, we know what you want if that is the case.

3. If you call me a week before and set up a date, make sure you follow up so I know if you are actually still planning on it, and no calling a half an hour before you told her you would be there doesn't count.

4. Please don't put a smiley face :) in any of your texts. It drives me insane.

5. Yes, I go on a date to learn about you, but for the love would it hurt to ask one question about me? I can only talk about your high school glory days for so long.

6. Put on a nice shirt. I am not saying wear a tux on the date, but at least shower and look nice enough to take out in public.

7. Come to the door, my parents won't bite.

8. Have something planned, I hate the question, "so what do you want to do"?


Ok those are all of my thoughts right now. I am sure I will have more to add later. Now with this new advice I hope you all date on!


4 comments:

Linds said...

Amen to that! I agree completely.

Ashley said...

Tyler asked me out with a text on our first date. I didn't think he was serious and was confused for a little while. But then I let it slide. That one time. Only because we talked everyday in person and I thought it was cute that he was nervous. It's not cute anymore and now I think it's lame ha. That's what marriage does.

Abby Neff said...

oh i love you beth. amen to it all!

Elise Harris said...

i think we are the same person.