9.21.2010

Flam bound

Ok I am almost done with my Europe postings (2 months later), but I am over it...

So this stretch of this trip I have to say was the most beautiful! We left Oslo by train and headed to a down called Myrdal. When we arrived we were greeted by snow! It was freezing cold! But it was so beautiful. This train stop was in the valley of two giant mountains and the snow/rain made everything green and misty which was really mystical. I can understand how Norway became the land of trolls. This is totally somewhere they would live. Anyway we waited for the second train that would take us from Myrdal to Flam. When the train finally came it was so cool! It was a really old train with old luggage compartments. It was the prettiest train I had ever seen. As we made our way down the hill to Flam we passed beautiful waterfalls and mountains and so many amazing sites. Such as this one...

Anyway so after the awesome train ride we finally made it to Flam. Flam is a town literally in the middle of two Fjords. This was the prettiest place! Everything was so clean and green and seriously it was magical. This photo does not do it justice. It was amazing to say the least.
Megan and I stayed in this really cool cabin for the night, made our own homemade pasta and soup and just had a great time walking around town and enjoying the serenity of this place. This was the first leg of the "Norway in a Nutshell" and I am so glad we decided to spend the night.

No comments: