8.15.2010

Tallinn, Estonia

Ok so back to the trip, haha this is taking me seriously a year to catch this blog up to date on the vacation but I am trying ok! Anyway after sweden we took off to estonia. I didn't have huge expectations for Tallinn but I was excited to see the place. Tallinn has a huge russian influence in everything from the food, the buildings, the lifestyle and the people. We stayed in the center of the "Old Town" in a hostel full of guys. Haha I swear the boys that ran the hostel were modern day lost boys (from peter pan). They were all in their early 20's and lived such a simple life. They worked to stay in the hostel and they partied hard every night. It was such a good time! We ended up going out with them and watching a world cup game, eating great food and dancing until the early morning. Even though we shared a room with an old hairy man and a couple from france (kind of weird) and their was no air conditioning hah it was so much fun! We went to the beach the second day we were there and that was amazing as well. This is one place I cannot wait to get back to!
View from the top of a church. Old Town Tallinn

The beach! 

Flip cup with the lost boys. I played with water haha

After Tallinn we were at the airport checking into our flight. After having a nice chat with the cute estonian checking us into our flight we headed to the gate. When we boarded the plane we realized that the nice, cute estonian boy had upgraded us to first class! It was such a nice surprise and I hope someday I can find that boy and thank him. This is me and megan enjoying the small soda's and dessert. 

No comments: