8.31.2010

Oslo, Norway

Ok so I am in class, bored as ever, so I decided now would be a good time to update my blog because I don't have much time between school and work to spend time of cyber space. Oh how I miss cyber space. 



Anyway so back to Europe! After the fun couple of days in Estonia me and megan hopped a place to Oslo, Norway. I was so excited to see Oslo because it is the capital of Norway and it was also the first stop of our "Norway in a Nutshell" trip. So we arrived and walked to our hostel. We were exhausted and decided to spend a quiet night in the hostel, taking showers and facebook-ing. Haha the next day we did a little sight seeing, walked around town and then had the opportunity to go to church with our friend John Johansen and his family. (His parents are on a mission in Oslo). They were nice enough to pick us up on the side of the road and take us to church. It was so fun to see church in Norway. This particular week the youth had gotten back from EFY and most spoke about their experience in sacrament. It was such a fun thing to hear how even in Norway the youth can have such a fun experience at EFY. I have a soft spot for EFY cause I went all 4 years and I was a counselor last summer... haha major dork. I love it. Anyway after church the Johansen's invited us to dinner (appropriate since it was July 4th to spend it with a bunch of americans). The food was SO good. We had gotten pretty sick of fast food and cheap meals, so we feasted to say the least. After dinner Helena, a local Norwegian, took us on a walk to the dock by the Johansen's house. It was SO beautiful. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was completely peaceful and helped me relax a little bit before our big adventure the next few days. After our walk we said our thank you's and goodbye's to the Johansens and headed to Vigeland, the famous sculpture park. This is a huge park in the middle of town full of statues. It was pretty cool! After we walked home and went to bed early. It was overall a really great time in Oslo!








No comments: