5.23.2010

Harley

This past week I was dog/ house sitting a really cool house up near the capital. It was a fun week full of slumber parties and good times, but for some reason this past week I have been a little spacey. I thought I would share some examples...

Tuesday May 18: As I drove to school this morning I hit every green light, I found a great parking spot and I was on top of the world. While walking through the parking lot into class I reached into my purse to find my phone.. while walking and searching I ran right into a bike rack on the back of some 4 runner. It slammed my forehead and chest and threw me backwards. Haha I was dying and I am pretty sure the kid walking the other way peed his pants. To make things worse I left my phone back at the house! So I drove back (hit every red light) and lost my great parking spot. What a morning.

Wednesday May 19: This morning I was on top of my game. Woke up early, took a shower and was not only on time but early to start my day. So I went outside to water the plants and as I tried to open the door to get back inside I realized I had locked myself out. My keys, phone, purse, everything was inside. I tried a few windows and doors and then it came to me... the doggie door! Now this dog I was house sitting is a pug and is not a big dog, this doggie door was no easy task to maneuver through. It is cut through the wall of the house so it is about 3 feet wide and it is triggered by a metal piece on the dogs collar. So I grabbed harley (the pug) and pulled him through this doggie tunnel. I shoved him in front of me so the door would open, and quickly crawled through.

Thursday May 20: 10:00am As I exit my car to go to class (which I was late to) I immediately ran straight into the side view mirror of the car next to me. 8:00pm got a flat tire on the way to a black tie event and had to abandon my car in Coachman's (State Street and 17th S.)

Hopefully this week is not full of these unfortunate surprises. Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Bahahahaha! oh Bethy! You make me laugh!

Unknown said...

i don't know if you remember me but i came acrosed your facebook and saw that you had a blog so i had to read it! we both have the same aunt: patsy, and we used to play when you were little. just wanted to drop a line and say hi and tell ya how cute your blog is! haha and your week sounds like something that would happen to me too!