6.28.2008

traveling...


Hola amigos,

  What is going on? So I am sitting in the Asturias airport waiting for my flight to London and I am bored. I had to take the 12 o clock bus from Oviedo and my flight doesn’t leave until 3:30. Gosh! Haha no it is ok, but I have just been sitting here people watching for way too long. I can’t believe I am already coming home. I had to say goodbye to everyone yesterday and this morning and it was actually really hard! I cried when lizzy had to leave… so sad. Then this morning my host mom cried a little when I had to go. I will never forget the amazing experiences I have had in this little town. I have learned so many things I will never forget. I guess I should tell you about the last couple of days. So Thursday night Spain played Russia in the eurocup and kicked their trash, so of course the crew of us went straight to the fountain and went swimming! This time there were probably 600 people in this little area around and in the fountain, cheering and screaming and drunk. It was fabulous! Then Friday we had our last day of school. Well it wasn’t really even a school day because we just played trivial pursuit and then had a graduation thing. It was awesome we got certificates and everything. Lizzy and I had the brilliant idea to make those graduation hats out of paper, people loved them! Haha and after the graduation we all went to a café that Rubio had rented out for us and got all this free food, coke and wine. I had 5 cokes… wow that would be like 15 euro if they weren’t free. Haha oh well! Anyway then yesterday I just packed, got flowers for my host family, and then went to dinner with the rest of us left in town. Of course after dinner we ended up at the astrurianu one last time…

    So here I am, listening to Beatles music, enjoying life. I am sad to leave but excited to come home and start my next adventures. 68 days until I leave for Ecuador!

  Ok so here I am, in the gatewick express. This has been a crazy day of traveling for sure. I have gone from bus to plane to light rail to bus to train. Wow… I am tired. I am going to get to the hotel and take a nice long bath…

No comments: